Seattle attorney Scott Mckay is running for the Washington State Senate to overturn the state’s internet poker ban

by Lou on June 10, 2008

Scott McKay is a Seattle attorney who is running for the Washington State Senate against incumbent Margarita Prentice, the Senator who pushed through Washington’s Internet Poker Ban. One of his central goals is to overturn the ban on Internet Poker, a law that criminalizes the recreational hobby of tens of thousands of law-abiding and tax paying citizens.

Although a “newbie” when it comes to politics, McKay believes that if supported by Poker players, he can win because the total number of persons who are expected to vote in his district (11th District) is quite small — perhaps only 15,000 in the August 19 primary.

If you’re a Washingtonian who reads my blog, McKay, and poker in Washington needs your help. You can contact the McKay campaign at this address.

Scott McKay
Campaign Address:
P.O. Box 140
2701 California Avenue S.W.
Seattle, WA 98116
(206) 762-7834

{ 6 comments }

muppet June 11, 2008 at 4:38 am

I’m a good example of that law-abiding, tax paying citizen who likes to play small stakes hold ’em from my couch, which happens to be located about 2 miles from Mr. McKay’s office in Seattle.

I’ll be dropping him a line to see what I can do to help.
Thanks for the info, Lou.

Logan June 11, 2008 at 7:02 am

Hi Lou,

I live in Canada and I am wondering if all US states have these laws banning internet poker, or if it is only some states? What a shame. I hope they don’t do anything like that in Canada.

Logan

gtycoon June 12, 2008 at 12:51 am

Logan, the laws in Washington are not the same all around the USA. Each state has their own laws.

Logan June 12, 2008 at 6:53 pm

gtycoon,

Thanks for the info. I know alot of sites no longer accept US players. If you already have an account at an online site, is your account suddenly de-activated?

Anonymous June 20, 2008 at 2:20 am

The bill did nothing. It only made Washington law consistent with Federal Law. It is a felony under Federal Law. It had been in effect as a Budget Proviso for a year.

Anonymous July 28, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Scott McKay has served jail time for DUI. He loves to gamble with more than chips, apparently. He currently has no drivers license. Scott McKay should also be a champion of public transportation, since he has had his driving priviledge revoked. (All public record.)

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: